I always thought “work hard and work smart” is golden rule until today.
I’ve been working my face off on building my online business from scratch. It’s “from scratch”. And I found experienced mentors along my journey so I always thought i’m doing the right thing— I found experienced mentors and willing to pay tons of time & efforts into the online business that I want to build. It worked and there are results of making progress. Which is good. But i’m so excited to know one crucial condition behind after reading a book called ” leaping”.
This book is written by GuDian, a life planner, who helps people achieving their goals successfully in their lives. He reviewed the data, record of his previous experiences working with those successful people. And he further compared the same documentation of his previous experiences working with those people who didn’t reach their goals in the end.
He was trying to find out what are the actions, personalities or traits that those successful people possess, that made them successful in their lives. He then summarized into 5 golden rules in the book. The book helps people to change some myths embedded in their minds. People will then can start changing what actions they take in their lives differently, and in the end achieve the goal they want to accomplish in their lives.
The one I want to point out, which change the myth I had…for a long time, is
“Find out where’s the high value section”.
Yes working hard and smart at the same time is awesome. But it has to be under one crucial condition. which is position yourself in the high value section.
We all heard of 20/80 rule. For instances, A company’s 20% of their main products contributes 80% of profits . 20% of people get chance to enjoy 80 % of resources in the society. 20% of certain individuals/things get the 80% of attention. Let’s try more reality example here instead of just statistics/numbers.
Do you know what is the highest mountain around the world? Mt. Everest, yes you’re right.
Who’s the first person that arrived the moon around the world? Mr. Neil Armstrong, yea nice you got this one as well!
Try this, what the second highest mountain around the world? and who’s the second person that arrived the moon?
In this case, way less than 20% of individual/thing get the most of attention. Make sense?
Therefore position ourselves in the high value section first before we go all in and work hard work smart.
If we position ourselves in the wrong section, no matter how hard we work, no matter no much effort we’re willing to pay. Even with the working smart mindset in our minds, It’ll still be hard for us to get to the place we want ourselves to be at.
This value varies by individuals. Some people want attention. Some want self-fulfillment. Some like the feeling of satisfaction after helping people. Some like the feeling of being able to provide a nice and comfy environment for their family to live. So on and so forth. There are millions kinds of valuable thing, depends on which person you’re talking with.
Find the thing we value the most and position ourselves in the high value section. Go all in. Work our face off if needed. Work hard and smart.
If you’re reading this blog, chances are you’re an real action taker. and knowing working smart and hard. You might want to add this idea in your mind as well. Share this with you, wish you the best in your live, in your ambitious goal, and in your journey on building the life you want.